Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. has announced a series of 5G innovations set to fuel the Connected Intelligent Edge and enable the next generation of connectivity experiences across a wide range of industries.
Snapdragon X75 and X72 5G Modem-RF Systems
Qualcomm Technologies’ 6th generation modem-to-antenna solution is the first ready to support 5G Advanced, the next phase of 5G. It introduces a new architecture, a new software suite and includes numerous world’s first features to push the boundaries of connectivity including coverage, latency, power efficiency and mobility.
Snapdragon X75 technologies and innovations empower OEMs to create next generation experiences across segments including smartphones, mobile broadband, automotive, compute, industrial IoT, fixed wireless access and 5G private networks.
Snapdragon X75 is the first Modem-RF System with a dedicated hardware tensor accelerator, Qualcomm® 5G AI Processor Gen 2, enabling over 2.5 times better AI performance compared to Gen 1 and introduces Qualcomm® 5G AI Suite Gen 2 with new AI-powered optimizations to achieve better speeds, coverage, mobility, link robustness and location accuracy. The Qualcomm 5G AI Suite features advanced AI-based capabilities including world’s first sensor-assisted mmWave beam management and AI-based GNSS Location Gen 2, which uniquely optimize Snapdragon X75 for superior 5G performance.
Powered by a new modem-to-antenna upgradeable architecture, Snapdragon X75 is purpose- built for scalability and enables unmatched 5G performance with key features such as:
· World’s first 10-carrier aggregation for mmWave, 5x downlink carrier aggregation and FDD uplink MIMO for sub-6 GHz bands, which allow for unparalleled spectrum aggregation and capacity.
· Converged transceiver for mmWave and sub-6 paired with new Qualcomm® QTM565 fifth generation mmWave antenna modules reduce cost, board complexity, hardware footprint and power consumption
· Qualcomm® Advanced Modem-RF Software Suite further improves sustained performance, across user scenarios including elevators, subway trains, airports, parking garages, mobile gaming sessions and more.
· AI-based sensor-assisted mmWave beam management for superior connectivity reliability and AI-based location accuracy enhancements.
· Qualcomm® 5G PowerSave Gen 4 and Qualcomm® RF Power Efficiency Suite for extended battery life.
· Qualcomm DSDA Gen 2 support enabling 5G/4G Dual Data on two SIM cards simultaneously.
· Qualcomm® Smart Transmit Gen 4 to allow for fast, reliable and long-range uploads – and now including support for Snapdragon® Satellite.
“5G Advanced will take connectivity to a whole new level, fueling the new reality of the Connected Intelligent Edge,” said Durga Malladi, senior vice president and general manager, cellular modems and infrastructure, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
“Snapdragon X75 Modem-RF System demonstrates the full breadth of our global 5G leadership, with innovations such as hardware accelerated AI and the support for upcoming 5G Advanced capabilities, which unlock a whole new level of 5G performance and a new phase in cellular communications.”
In addition to the Snapdragon X75 5G Modem-RF System, Qualcomm Technologies is announcing the Snapdragon X72 5G Modem-RF System – a 5G modem-to-antenna solution optimized for mainstream adoption of mobile broadband applications, supporting multi-Gigabit download and upload speeds.