Mobile World Congress 2017 Preview | TelecomDrive.com
Enabling digital transformation for the networks, Juniper Networks believes in era beyond digital disruption. The company calls is ‘Digital Cohesion’ and it is an era where multiple applications self-assemble to deliver new, predictive services for its customers.
Mike Marcellin, Chief Marketing Officer at Juniper Networks interacts with Zia Askari from TelecomDrive.com on the company’s innovative showcase at MWC 2017.
What is the big focus of Juniper at this year’s MWC?
This year, Juniper is showcasing its cloud-native IP-based mobile solutions that will help our customers capitalize on the opportunity that 5G and IoT will bring. Our vision of a Self-Driving Network™ will help our customers automated their distributed telco clouds and ensure they are securing their networks and the data traveling across it.
What kind of innovations can we expect from Juniper there?
Some innovations we’ll highlight at MWC include Juniper’s end-to-end IP and Cloud-native offering for Mobile Operators, called the Mobile Cloud Architecture and how the five solution areas of this architecture effectively address the biggest service provider challenges, pain points and trends in the mobile industry today. We will highlight five key innovations:
Integrated Packet, Optical & Timing Solutions
- Integrated solutions harnessing our leading capabilities in both packet networking and optical multi-cloud interconnects (Data Center Interconnects)
- Distributed Data Centers
- Broadest portfolio of switches scaling from micro DCs at the edge to large-scale DCs. Our data center switching business grew over 90% last quarter and over 50% last year.
- Disaggregation & Virtualization
- Pioneer in SW/HW disaggregation utilizing an open technology framework to ensure a smooth migration to carrier-grade network function virtualization and to ensure our customers have maximum flexibility as they move into new architectures.
- Security Everywhere
- Industry’s most innovative and comprehensive system – from physical to virtual – to Secure the Distributed Telco Cloud
- Automated Control and Orchestration
- Industry’s most deployed and respected SDN solution for multi-vendor/layer/technology network automation
How does the company look forward to help operators towards their quest on digital transformation?
Juniper Networks believes there is a new era beyond digital disruption. It’s called Digital Cohesion and it is an era where multiple applications self-assemble to deliver new, predictive services that continuously adapt to your behavior, enabling better decision-making and enriching our personal and business lives.
Juniper is working very closely with our customers, including telecom operators, to deliver innovative, future-ready solutions. We are committed to helping service providers transition to an all-IP, secure distributed telco cloud that will prepare them for the myriad of new and diverse requirements and services that will be introduced with commercial deployments of 5G and IoT in the near future.
Juniper has a proven track record of partnering with service providers to successfully implement their largest network transformations. Below are just a few examples.
- Major Korean Service Provider LG U+ Selected Juniper Networks Technology for its Next-Generation 5G Network Upgrade
- FusionNet leverages Juniper Networks to provide best-in-class broadband services for India’s national capital region (NCR)
- Juniper Networks Contrail Selected to Support the AT&T Integrated Cloud
- Juniper Networks Joins Verizon’s Tech Partner Ecosystem for Virtual Network Services
- Telefónica Chooses Juniper Networks to Help Deliver Fixed, Mobile, TV and Cloud Services at Scale With SDN and NFV
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) Selects Juniper Networks Technology to Build and Deploy the Largest Internet Gateway Backbone in the Middle East
- Juniper Networks Selected by MASMOVIL to Support Service Convergence and Rapid Next-Generation Network Deployment
- DQE Communications Creates Next-Generation Mobile Backhaul Network with Juniper Solutions
In your opinion what is the future of digital transformation especially in the IoT era?
We believe in an exciting future beyond Digital Transformation called Digital Cohesion, where compelling mega-services self-assemble to anticipate users’ needs and interoperate seamlessly. With advances in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning taking automation to the next level, the end user technology (such as the smartphone) will fade into the background. Driverless cars will be automatically summoned, reservations automatically made, and healthcare teams proactively engaged.
The world of Digital Cohesion has the potential to transform education, revolutionize health and wellness, and make all aspects of our lives more rewarding. Advances in technology happening today, including 5G and Internet of Things (IoT), are already facilitating the path to Digital Cohesion.