The sole purpose of any business’s site is to increase brand credibility and attract new leads. Studies indicate that a massive number of B2B and B2C buyers search for businesses and companies on the web first. As a result, having a great look, feel, and performance on your website is critical if you want to engage, retain, and convert a targeted user.
But what is it about a website that makes it visually appealing? How can one persuade website users to spend more time on your site and take a desired action? All of these questions have their answers in the fundamentals of web design concepts. Here’s how to make your website look professional.
10 Tips for Developing a Visually Stunning Site
When it comes to creating an aesthetically attractive website, the following pointers may be useful. Even if you’ve hired a pro to do the task, these pointers will give you the background knowledge you need to figure out what would work best for your site.
- Avoid cluttering at all costs: Less information on a web page means it’s easier for the human brain to digest and remember it. Therefore, balance the weightage of texts and images on a web page and put the information in context for precise message delivery.
- Easy navigation: Be it news, furniture, business, or automotive website designs, limiting and properly labeling the navigation menu tabs with related pages under them can give your website a neat and attractive look and improve the ease of navigating around the different pages on the website.
- Use ample white space: The white space improves the aesthetic appeal of a webpage. Having plenty of negative space on a web page guides the visitor’s eyes to focus on the critical elements of the page like images, product details, etc.
- Create visual hierarchy: You can use graphic elements like color, size, object placement, and much more. It tricks a user into viewing the different elements in a visual hierarchy. In short, it enables the users to pick necessary pieces of information in a quick scan through the webpage.
- Choose the right colors: Colors play with the human mind in very discreet but powerful ways. And whenever it comes to colors, balance and harmony are the key drivers that enable you to create a consistent color theme and hierarchy.
- Use high-quality pictures and fonts: It is essential for the web page fonts to be attractive. It makes them web safe and visible on most devices. At the same time, you cannot risk using flashy and inconsistent fonts that are hard to read. Similarly, make sure that you use high-quality pictures in the proper context and credible way.
- Speed is the key: From bounce rate to engagement, retention, and conversion, the web page loading speed influences them all. Besides, search engines also tend to give better ranks to websites with faster loading speeds.
- Mobile Friendliness: Smartphones have brought pretty much the entire internet on the tip of the fingers. That’s why it is highly crucial for your webpages to be mobile compatible, or else you might be missing a significant segment of the target audience.
- Keep the design simple: The web pages with high complexity have the tendency to overwhelm an average user. It is possible that the bounce rate will rise as a result. Therefore, it’s always wiser to stick to a minimalistic approach while designing a webpage. It effortlessly highlights the essential elements of the page.
- Communicate with your designer: You can outsource web designing services to web design and development company Fireart. It can take a lot of weight off your shoulders. But at the same time, it is crucial for you to interact with your designer. You can communicate your ideas and suggestions so that the end results match your expectations.
Whether you do your own website design or hire an agency to do it for you, keeping the above tips in mind will help you ensure that your website has a distinct appearance and feel. It will increase your website’s user engagement rate while also increasing lead generation and conversion.
TelecomDrive is an effort to create a unique content focused platform for the telecoms and communications segment.