You might think that a high quality sound system has to cost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, but you’d be surprised.
Many cheaper speakers like the Anker Soundcore are actually incredibly impressive and affordable – it’s all about knowing what to look for.
The Anker in particular has seen huge popularity; over 50,000 five star ratings are indicative of the quality they exude.
According to scientists, listening to music as brilliantly crisp and clear as possible can actually put you in a better mood and even improve our relationships with one another, so there’s a lot more at stake than just being impressed!
Not only that but by using a portable Bluetooth device, there’s no need to have a working AUX cord to hand – change your songs from any room in the house, staying connected 24/7 with no hassle.
Today we’re offering you our list of the best portable speakers available to get right now, ranked in terms of quality and affordability, to save you the hassle of searching.
Having considered battery life, quality of sound, size and weight, as well as a variety of other features, we’ll show you that enjoying crystal clear music is not as expensive as you might think.
Best Affordable Portable Speakers
Able to connect multiple devices at once so everyone can take a turn picking the song with a JBL Flip 4! The built-in rechargeable battery boasts twelve hours of continuous playtime on a single charge – linked with any other JBL device, you can create an amplified sound system that’s interconnected, all over the house, for less than a hundred bucks!
- Dual external passive JBL bass radiator for a sound far more powerful than you’d expect of a portable device
- Certified IPX7 waterproof – blast your tunes in the rain!
- Link up to 100 speakers together with the JBL Connect+ app for a full sound system set up
- Choose from an array of stylish colors
- On the larger side considering it’s a portable speaker
Boasting crystal-clear stereo sound, Oontz Angle 3 has been engineered in the USA to deliver accurate mids, clear highs and enhanced bass, with a unique triangular design and a Volume Booster offering zero distortions, even when blaring as loudly as possible.
- 100 foot bluetooth connection range – fast and easy connection with any device all over the house/outdoors
- IPX5 water resistant (cannot be fully submerged but protected from spray, splashes and rain)
- Up to 14 hours of continuous playback, all night long
- Connect to non-Bluetooth devices using the AUX IN jack connector
- Charging times are much longer than you expect
Typically, Bose speakers are the most expensive around, but their mini portable unit is less than a hundred bucks and offers unmatched bass with a clear, balanced sound, as well as being waterproof, damage resistant and easily strapped to a backpack, handlebar or, well, anything really! The ultimate in powerful portable sound.
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing with voice prompts – answer calls and use Siri hands free
- IPX7 Certified waterproof with a rugged, sturdy yet sleek exterior
- 30 feet of wireless range for clear connection at a distance
- Can be paired together with other Bose devices for double the party
- Only six hours of playback time – not as much as other offerings here
Pairing two full-range drivers with dual passive radiators, produce an incredibly impressive 20W sound offering tight mids, clear highs and enhanced bass at any volume with the budget-friendly yet absolutely booming DOSS SoundBox Pro. As the reviews will testify, this thing is a BEAST! Plus, the beat driven light show illuminates the entire party with vivid, colourful illumination patterns.
- Stable Bluetooth 4.2 technology keeps you connected up to 66 feet away
- Connect two speakers to a single device to double your volume and create 360 degree sound
- Activate extra bass simply by hitting the designated button
- Supports AUX in, TF Cards and Echo Dot compatibility
- No forward/back skipping buttons – must use your phone to change songs
In spite of its tiny stature, the Wonderboom delivers some surprisingly serious sound, with crisp, clear playback every single time from one miniature package. This baby can withstand being dropped into a meter of water, stay submerged for up to thirty minutes, and still come out working exceptionally well – what more could you want for your next pool party?!
- 10 hours of continuous playback on a single charge, completely restored after just over two hours of charging
- 100ft/30 meters of Bluetooth range for seamless control across the room
- No need for buttons – simply hit the UE logo once to play/pause and double tap to skip
- Connect two Wonderbooms to the same source at once for multiple sound sources controlled via one device
- Playback can become a little distorted at maximum volume
An integrated carabiner allows you to access the ultimate in portability with another device from JBL, this time the even more affordable Clip 3 device. Not only have they packed ten hours of playback into this tiny device thanks to a built in, rechargeable Li-ion battery, but the quality is shockingly good for a clip-on speaker. Be the surprise and envy of all your friends as you blast out tunes on the go, wherever you are.
- IPX7 certified waterproof, perfect for by the pool listening
- Answer crystal clear calls with echo and noise cancelling speakerphone, at the touch of a button
- Upgraded, fully integrated carabiner for easy transport
- Several colors to choose from – personalize and it make your own!
- Clip can become loose over time, according to some customer reviews
Offering an unbelievable 12W of pure audio power, with dual neodymium drivers and an advanced signal digital processor, you’ll get thundering bass from this baby-sized box of a speaker, the Anker Soundcore 2. Not only is it the second most affordable speaker on our list, but it also offers a whopping 24 hours of playback. That’s a full day and night of non-stop music, whenever you want it!
- Refined, lightened design with effortlessly easy controls – grab, go and listen
- Patented spiral bass port boost to deliver even harder beats
- IPX7 protection for an outdoor proof speaker that’s safe come rain or shine
- Up to twenty four hours of music playback on one charge
- Some reviews report an issue with fluctuating volume, but it appears Anker have resolved this issue with their latest updates
The adorable baby brother of the Oontz we featured earlier, this is officially the most surprisingly cheap portable speaker we’ve highlighted. An absolutely adorable mini triangle unit, it still packs an almighty five watts of power using a custom neodymium driver – it seems that Cambridge Soundworks really know what they’re doing when it comes to on-the-go music.
- Rated IPX5 water resistant, as well as dustproof and ready to handle all the sand a beach could offer
- Offers Bluetooth connectivity at a range of up to 100 feet without music interruption, provided there are no signal blocking obstructions
- Passive bass radiator design delivers surprisingly hardcore lows, considering this speaker costs less than thirty dollars brand new
- Included fabric lanyard allows you to attach this compact speaker to your bag, belt, coat or any suitable clothing – super portable design
- Bass itself cannot be increased or decreased – no control
TelecomDrive is an effort to create a unique content focused platform for the telecoms and communications segment.