NXP Semiconductors N.V. has acquired the wireless connectivity assets from Marvell, pursuant to the terms of the previously announced agreement from May 2019.
In May 2019, NXP agreed to acquire Marvell’s wireless connectivity portfolio in an all-cash, asset transaction. The acquisition will enable NXP to deliver complete, scalable processing and connectivity solutions to its customers across its end markets, including tailored security and a full suite of wireless connectivity spanning Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy, Zigbee, Thread and Near Field Communications (NFC).
Speaking on the occasion, Sanjay Gupta, Vice President and India Country Manager said, “We are delighted to announce the closure of deal with Marvell. The combined expertise of Marvell’s Connectivity business with NXP will help in creating better and meaningful solutions in the areas of connectivity, IoT and security for our customers. From NXP India perspective, this has led us to come up with our 4th R&D Centre in Pune to work on the full suite of wireless connectivity spanning Wi-fi and Bluetooth Low Energy technology. Additionally, the acquisition will also increase our engineering headcount to over 2300 in India”.
Quick facts on NXP:
• NXP is #1 automotive suppliers in India
• Over 80% of the cars in India use NXP chip for RFID key
• $9.41 Billion in revenue in 2018
• Over 60 years of combined experience and expertise
• Approximately 30,000 employees in more than 32 countries
• 12,000 engineers in the world, 2,000+ in India
• Noida 2nd largest R&D location globally
• Largest OEM customers:
◦ Samsung, among others