Linksys, a networking solutions enabler for the home and business and the first to ship 100 million routers, together with StarHub, has launched the newly-improved Linksys Max-Stream EA7500v2 AC1900+ MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router for StarHub customers.
Designed for families with multiple users, the Max-StreamTM EA7500v2 leverages the 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) technology which helps make Wi-Fi networks more efficient when delivering high bandwidth 4K video streams to numerous devices, while connecting to home appliances at the same time. This means that the whole household can enjoy 4K and HD video streaming to various devices, as well as play video games, listen to music, check email, be on social media, shop, and more – all at the same time.
“An average Singaporean uses more than five Wi-Fi enabled devices at home. When added with the devices of their family members, this often leads to slow Wi-Fi speeds. Our solution to this level of Wi-Fi usage is the Linksys Max-Stream EA7500v2 AC1900+ MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router.” said Jenny Ng, Vice President for APAC, Linksys. “The newly-improved EA7500v2 spots an extra antenna which helps with broader coverage and improved radio performance for faster speeds. Linksys is excited to be working with StarHub to offer Singaporean homes a seamless and smooth Wi-Fi experience.”
“The demands on home networks are increasing and so the quality of Wi-Fi router models that we offer customers becomes even more important. We are happy to be the first to carry the latest Linksys Max-Stream router, enabling our broadband customers to enjoy faster Wi-Fi performance and automatic firmware updates for greater router security,” said Justin Ang, Head of Product, StarHub. “Spurred on by our Customer Satisfaction Index of Singapore (CSISG) 2017 achievement for Broadband, we will continue working hard to ensure our customers stay satisfied.”
The Next-Gen Max-StreamTM EA7500v2 can provide users with combined speeds up to 1.9+ Gbps and the range they need to connect all their devices in the home and at the same time. Also included is Smart Wi-Fi technology which makes it easy to set up and control a home Wi-Fi from anywhere using the Linksys app on a mobile device.
Max-StreamTM EA7500v2 AC1900+ MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router features:
· Next-Gen AC Wi-Fi – 802.11ac Wave 2 with MU-MIMO Technology for uninterrupted Wi-Fi connections to multiple devices at the same time
· Dual-band AC1900+ Wireless speeds up to 1733 Mbps 5 GHz + 800 Mbps 2.4GHz
· 3+1 High Performance Antennas – Adjustable for optimal coverage and signal strength
· Beamforming: Direct Wi-Fi signals to each of your mobile devices to increase signal strength and coverage
· Four Gigabit LAN Ethernet ports/One Gigabit WAN port to connect more devices and share files at speeds up to10x faster than Fast Ethernet
· One USB 3.0 and One USB 2.0 ports for connecting printers, storage and more
· Seamless Roaming: one network name when paired with MAX-STREAM range extenders enabling seamless roaming from room to room
· Automatic Firmware updates to ensure latest security and performance
· Manage and monitor your network and easily control Wi-Fi devices remotely on a smartphone with the Linksys app
· Advanced WPA/WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall helps keep the network safe
Pricing and availability
Starting 15 July 2017, customers who sign up for or renew their StarHub 1Gbps Fibre Broadband, HomeHub 1000 and HomeHub Go 1Gbps plans will receive the new Max-StreamTM EA7500v2 free of charge (Usual Price: S$299).