Sometime back, global electronics major, LG showed the world that a smartphone can have a curved body with G Flex, expanding its curved smartphone family, LG is now set to introduce its successor – the G Flex2 in India.
The latest curved smartphone offering from LG is priced at INR 55,000 and is slated to be launch by end of this month.
While the original G Flex was recognized for its unique designing and out of the box thinking, the G Flex2 improves upon its predecessor in every possible way. The G Flex 2 comes with a more advanced design, faster performance and more importantly greater convenience.
The LG G Flex2 boasts sleeker, more stylish curves and a powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon 810 processor with Octa-core 64-bit capable CPUs and integrated X10 LTE for a nimble, fast and smooth performance. Its 5.5-inch display gets a bump up to Full HD, while the updated software offers even more convenience through all-new features such as Gesture View and Glance View. The unique “Self-Healing” back cover from the original G Flex carries over to the G Flex 2 and is now faster and more effective than before.
The G Flex2’s curve are not just about the looks but is designed for a comfortable user experience. The phone’s ergonomic design brings the microphone closer to the mouth, for better sound pickup compared to conventional smartphones which allow much more outside noise to enter the phone through the microphone.
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810 processor featuring octa-core 64-bit CPUs, optimized for Android 5.0 and the advanced Qualcomm® Adreno™ 430 GPU ensures stunning graphics performance and an integrated X10 LTE modem with CAT 9 LTE.
This makes the smartphone incredibly fast and efficient for multimedia and multi-tasking. The Snapdragon 810 also features fully integrated 3x20MHz Carrier Aggregation support for fast, efficient connectivity. Qualcomm Snapdragon processors are a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Another innovative technology available in LG smartphones is the fast Laser Auto Focus camera, first introduced with LG G3. This technology enables the G Flex2 to capture the best moment ― even in low light ― by measuring the distance between the subject and the camera using a laser beam. Combined with LG’s proven OIS+ technology and dual LED flash, the G Flex2 delivers images that rival most standalone point and shoot cameras.
Practical Solutions for User Convenience
The G Flex2’s curve-enhanced user experience carries over to software as well. It comes fully loaded with the best of LG’s unique software features optimized for its curved form factor:
• Gesture Shot makes it easy to capture the perfect selfie with a simple hand gesture recognizable from up to 1.5 meters away.
• Gesture View makes it easy to check your last shot immediately after taking a photo or selfie.
• Glance View displays key information such as time, recent messages or missed calls with a downward swipe of the curved screen even while the display is off.
• Fast Charge allows the embedded 3,000mAh battery in the G Flex2 ― the only curved mobile battery in the world to be charged up to 50 percent in under 40 minutes.
• Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with 2.0GHz 64-bit Octa-Core CPUs
• Display: 5.5-inch Full HD Curved P-OLED (1080 x 1920 pixels / 403 ppi)
• Memory: 16/32GB eMMC ROM / 2GB DDR4 RAM / microSD slot (up to 2TB)
• Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS+ with Laser Auto Focus / Front 2.1MP
• Battery: 3,000mAh (embedded)
• Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
• Qualcomm Adreno 430 GPU
• Size: 149.1 x 75.3 x 7.1-9.4mm
• Weight: 152g
• Network: HSPA+ 21/42 Mbps
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X) 4.1, NFC, SlimPort, A-GPS / Glonass, USB 2.0
• Color: Platinum Silver, Flamenco Red
• Other: Gesture Shot, Gesture View, Glance View etc