Cisco has unveiled its ‘Infinite’ suite of cloud-powered video solutions. This new suite will help service providers, broadcasters and media companies deliver outstanding TV experiences to multiple screens, utilizing one cloud, on any access network, within the home and on the go.
Cisco has introduced two members of the Infinite family. Both deliver full-featured linear, on-demand and time-shift TV video experiences video experiences:
• Infinite Home: to any screen over two-way cable and telco networks.
• Infinite Video: to a variety of consumer electronics devices via unmanaged ‘over-the-top’ (OTT) Internet connections.
Utilizing Cisco’s cloud and virtualization technologies, Cisco Infinite solutions transform how video works, enabling service providers to cut the time to test, trial and roll-out new services and service updates, and to improve subscribers’ experiences, , thereby increasing competitiveness and reducing costs. Highlights include:
• Just 90 days to launch a new video service, leveraging our As-A-Service deployment model and scalable cloud infrastructure.
• Minutes instead of months to activate service enhancements, by moving functionality from device to cloud, where our powerful orchestration software automates and simplifies configuration and activation.
• Weekly or more frequent software updates and feature enhancements: Cisco partners with Infinite Solutions customers to give them access to a continuous delivery pipeline of new software features available for rapid trial and deployment. This means Infinite Solutions customers can get new features to market faster than ever before.
Infinite solutions are pre-integrated to minimize time to deploy, and use open-source components and offer open APIs to enable faster integration and customization.
Whether operators choose to deploy Infinite Video or Infinite Home, private cloud or public cloud, they can easily evolve and migrate in the Infinite family because all Infinite solutions are based on the same software, APIs and management.
Florian Landgraf, senior vice president, Product Development, Kabel Deutschland, explained, “As we announced in January, Kabel Deutschland is developing a next-generation video service based on a new cloud-powered TV platform. The platform moves control and functionality into the cloud, making it quick and easy for Kabel Deutschland to rapidly update features and offer new services. Kabel Deutschland is working with Cisco on this new platform, which uses Cisco’s Infinite Home solution.”
Talking about this development, Yvette Kanouff, senior vice president and general manager, Service Provider Video Software and Solutions, Cisco, said, “The video businesses is changing and consolidating fast. Our customers tell us they need video infrastructure that delivers the most compelling customer experiences to multiple screens, across a dynamic mixture of networks and devices. The result is Cisco Infinite Solutions. No other company has the leadership in cloud and orchestration, the network expertise and the video product scope to deliver anything like this.”