At CommunicAsia2017, NAGRA, a Kudelski Group company, a global provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, will demonstrate direct-to-TV and all-screen user experience solutions designed to simplify the viewing experience and connect people to the content they love, on May 23-25, 2017 at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel in Singapore.
“New opportunities lie ahead for the pay-TV industry in Asia and we look forward to demonstrating how service providers can make the most of them through latest solutions designed to simplify and unify the viewing experience for consumers while ensuring comprehensive content value protection,” said Jean-Luc Jezouin, NAGRA’s Senior Vice President of Sales for Asia. “From direct-to-TV solutions like TVkey to our powerful OpenTV Suite, service providers can leverage the latest technologies to continue to grow and innovate.”
Solutions on display on NAGRA Booth 1J2-12 will include:
• TVkey, a CES 2017 Innovation Award honoree, and cost-effective USB dongle that plugs into newer model Samsung TV sets, enabling consumers to immediately watch their favorite pay-TV channels in 4K Ultra HD and HDR using Hollywood-approved security.
• Unified, all-screen viewing experiences on set-top boxes by SmarDTV as well as popular streaming devices like Roku and Amazon’s FireTV powered by OpenTV Suite.
• A range of innovative and beautifully designed OTT and hybrid STBs by SmarDTV: cost-effective HD and 4K devices integrating the latest HDR technology and powered by the OpenTV Suite while ensuring access to the latest NAGRA CAS, DRM, and NexGuard forensic watermarking.
• Direct-to-TV pay-TV services using the SmarDTV CASTdongle, a simple, cost-optimized HDMI device that turns any TV into a connected iDTV and brings the OTT experience to the big screen, while enabling operators to stay in control of the distribution and of the use of its devices and maintain a close relationship with their customers.
• The NAGRA Security Services Platform which combines NAGRA’s device and app protection technologies, anti-piracy services and NexGuard forensic marking techniques to provide holistic pay-TV content protection.